How to get transcript in Anna University

It is a common procedure for all to get transcript copies for applying to higher studies.

The rate per transcript copy is Rs 500/- (Year 2011)

Here are the steps to that at Anna University, Chennai.

1) Take a DD from bank for Amount=(Number of transcript copies required*rate per transcript) in favor of Additional Controller of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai

2) Take copies of your original transcripts. Number of marksheet copies=Number of transcript copies required

3) Put all these in a A4 paper size cover

4) Go to the office of Additional Controller of Examinations. It is to the left of DOTE building when you are facing Anna University in Sardar Patel Road. Ask the security for Transcript office and he ll direct you to the place.

5) The place is pretty well organized compared to lazy assholes present at other offices in Anna university. Now get a form from the person in charge stating your transcript requirement.

6) Make an entry in the register there. Then fill the form and give it to lady alone with the A4 cover and DD. Make sure to note down Application number and DD number beforehand.

Now she ll place all contents in the cover and ask you to get back after 7 days

Simple and easy!! 🙂




  1. Karthik
    Posted February 17, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Permalink | Reply

    Have a quick question for you! Instead of consolidated marksheet, can I submit the individual semester-wise marksheets (and their xerox copies)? I stay in the US and my consolidated marksheet is here with me; only the semester-wise marksheets are in my home in Chennai. Kindly let me know if they accept individual marksheets for attestation. Thanks a lot for your time!


    • vidhoonv
      Posted May 23, 2011 at 3:03 am | Permalink | Reply

      I dont think so.. But I think you shd confirm with them directly through some contact in India. Send some messenger to the office and get direct info. They are quite responsive compared to usual offices at AU 😀

  2. Roopa
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 12:39 am | Permalink | Reply

    Hi Vidhoon,

    Now i m in US and the original documents are with me here.. If i need to get transcripts, how it could be possible?? please suggest me on this..

    • vidhoonv
      Posted September 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

      You can give an authorization letter to someone in India (your parents maybe) and ask them to do the procedures on your behalf. That is possible. You can scan and send those documents.. they can take copies.. but it will take one month without originals.. if you could somehow pass over originals (may be through someone coming to India) then it ll get done in 7 days..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: