It is a common procedure for all to get transcript copies for applying to higher studies.
The rate per transcript copy is Rs 500/- (Year 2011)
Here are the steps to that at Anna University, Chennai.
1) Take a DD from bank for Amount=(Number of transcript copies required*rate per transcript) in favor of Additional Controller of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai
2) Take copies of your original transcripts. Number of marksheet copies=Number of transcript copies required
3) Put all these in a A4 paper size cover
4) Go to the office of Additional Controller of Examinations. It is to the left of DOTE building when you are facing Anna University in Sardar Patel Road. Ask the security for Transcript office and he ll direct you to the place.
5) The place is pretty well organized compared to lazy assholes present at other offices in Anna university. Now get a form from the person in charge stating your transcript requirement.
6) Make an entry in the register there. Then fill the form and give it to lady alone with the A4 cover and DD. Make sure to note down Application number and DD number beforehand.
Now she ll place all contents in the cover and ask you to get back after 7 days
Simple and easy!! 🙂